Tyre safety advice from Michelin:
The correct pressure is important both for safety and for a long tyre life. They must be checked when the tyre is cold (By cold we mean the ambient outside temperature where the tyre is to be used). Tyre pressures must be checked regularly, about once every two weeks.
A drop in pressure can be caused by:
- the natural leakage of air through the walls of a tyre,
- drops in ambient temperature,
- small perforations that, in a tubeless tyre, may not lead to immediate deflation but rather deflation over time, (a slow leak!). This in turn can lead to irreversible damage due to the tyre running in an under inflated condition.
Did you know...
One tank of fuel in every five is used purely to overcome the rolling resistance of your tyres, thats's 20% of your fuel. Why check your tyre pressures?
- Maximise tyre life
- Minimise tyre related fuel consumption
- Minimise greenhouse gas emmissions
Buy Tyres Online